Friendly reminder that Eat Your Kimchi/Simon & Martina have
- called Eric Mun of Shinhwa a paedophile for appearing in a Teen Top music video
- tagged one of their videos with “Hyuna is a stripper”
- continued to rate English in KPop songs despite how blatantly racist and disgusting that is
- attempted to justify their using the word “ghetto”
- been generally racist and unapologetic for it
- continually said kpop groups’ names wrong despite being asked to stop and say the names correctly
- solicited money from a bunch of teenagers to buy a studio to make these problematic videos in, a studio which seems more like their own personal fun house than a workplace tbh
- lived in Korea since 2008? and refused to learn more Korean than they need “to get by”.
- openly slut shamed Hyuna and tried to mask it with “she dances the same all the time we’re not slut shaming we’re just bored”.
it’s been said that it’s possible they are mispronouncing Korean words very badly on purpose, but to what end nobody knows.
also, this is their reaction to criticism.
They are generally just shitty human beings and a really fantastic example of white people being terrible in a foreign country.
Don’t forget about “University degree” people doing this review.
Gotta find a way to go back at them and make them shut up